What if I wasn't given the gift of life?
What if I didn't know between wrong and right?
What if I didn't have the ability to dream?
I would turn to God and ask him to take me home.
So that I could lay in my bed all alone.
And think about wheter or not to turn my back.
What if I had the choice to go back.
To the place where I began living this life.
When I had a family and wasn't just alone.
When I didn't have to turn left or right.
When I always had a place to call home.
A place full of the American dream.
Was this true or just another dream?
Would I have to sit here looking back?
At the people and place I always called home.
At the happiness I enjoyed in my other life.
Wondering if I could ever make things right.
Or again find myself lying here alone.
Oh please tell me why I am I always alone.
Please tell me if I will ever be able to dream.
About something so true and so right.
Or will I remain lying here on my back.
Wondering if I should take my life.
Maybe I will find a new place to call home.
I am not worthy of calling heaven my home.
Only home I have is this one, all alone.
Basking in the deeaths that took away my life.
No, this one of all is not a dream.
I wish I could turn around and go back.
To this day I don't know if I could make it right.
The doctor told me it would be all right.
God damn he told me I could take them home.
I could no longer fight my tears back.
When he told me I'd be going home alone.
That my baby girl wouldn't have the chance to dream.
That my wife had lost her beloved life.
I can't right what happened all alone.
Waking up at home in a blissful dream.
I want to go back to that life.
English III and English IV
13 years ago
No comments:
Post a Comment